The purpose of the Emil Berikoff, Sr. Memorial (EBSM) Scholarship Program is to provide scholarship awards to successful applicants who are currently accepted to or enrolled at a nationally or regionally accredited college or university. It is the intention of APICDA to award scholarships, to support the educational endeavors of any residents of the communities in the APICDA region who wish to pursue a formal education.
It is APICDA’s belief that through education (in any field of study) these communities will be able to build stronger infrastructures to promote and achieve the economic development necessary to relieve the conditions of poverty, dependency, chronic unemployment and underemployment in the communities. APICDA intends to use the funds made available through the Community Development Quota program as a genesis for this economic growth and development, and education of the residents of the APICDA region is a key component of this plan.
HOW TO QUALIFY
Applicants must meet one of two residency requirements:
1. Historical relationship to one of the following communities Atka, Akutan, False Pass, Nelson Lagoon, Nikolski, St. George, or Unalaska.
2. At least five years current residency in one of the seven communities listed above.
1. Be formally accepted at a college or university.
2. Meet one of the two residency requirements above.
3. Demonstrate financial need; family income cap of $181,000.
4. Submit a complete application packet by the published deadline below.
Applications must be completed, submitted and RECEIVED in APICDA office by the deadline.
July 1: fall, winter and spring terms
Nov. 15: spring term
April 1: summer term