What brought us together?
- We care about our homes and people.
- We’re concerned about the many issues facing the region.
- We want our communities to be places that people want to live and return to.
- We want our youth to be inspired and more involved.
- We want to learn from current leaders.
- We want to have a voice for our generation and be part of the solution.
Members of Lead: Aleutians are active and engaged community leaders who act as positive role models and mentors, share knowledge, and encourage the next generation; take the initiative to learn from established leaders and better understand our history and current issues; and address challenges by asking difficult questions and proactively seeking out answers.
As young community leaders in the region, we recognize:
- The sharing and carrying forward of the knowledge and experience of our elders is critical, and important to all generations;
- Our individual and community identity is derived from and maintained by our heritage and culture;
- The stewardship of our unique natural and human resources determines our economic sustainability and future;
- Formal, informal and traditional education is key to a healthy, growing community;
- Our vision of the future must infuse well-established ideas with new perspectives
What we’re about….
- We’re connecting our region’s communities and generations by improving communications and encouraging future leaders and new ideas.
- We’re preparing young leaders to lead by sharing resources and building relationships that will have a positive impact for our future.
- We’re creating opportunities for young leaders to step up.
- You can get involved and connected on our Facebook. We hope you’ll support us, and utilize this group as a resource.
Action Items for Lead: Aleutians
- Grow awareness
- Establish a social network through exchanging information, online and social communication, professional outreach, and community outreach and awareness.
- Create and promote more community activities and events.
- Unangax culture and/or annual general regional festival.
- Pool our network resources for mentorship.
- Opening up/increasing communication between current leaders and community members— establishing accountability.
Like us at: https://www.facebook.com/LeadAleutians