Position Summary: Aleutian Pribilof Island Community Development Association (APICDA) is looking for the right individual to join our team as the front desk / receptionist, in our downtown Anchorage office. This position reports to the Director of Administration and primarily consists of office management duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- General office management duties.
- Board meeting support.
- Proof reading and editing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience working independently in an administrative position.
- Candidate must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Applicant must have a strong secretarial background and the ability to work on a variety of special projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Equivalent experience may be substituted on 1:1 basis for education requirement.
- Prior experience in fishing industry, native organizations, and/or corporate level experience is preferred.
- Must possess/maintain a valid driver’s license.
- An outgoing personality and a well-groomed appearance is essential.
Skills and Abilities:
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to receive and act upon direction from multiple supervisors.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Applicant must be dependable, organized, learn quickly, and be able to multi-task.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- General office environment, sitting at work station.
- Looking at computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Sitting in chair for extended periods of time.
- Repetitive motion with arms, hands, and fingers in workspace and on keyboard.
- Typing and handwriting with repetitive motion of fingers, hands and wrists.
- Occasional stair climbing.
- Periodic lifting and carrying of under 40 pounds.