Position Summary: Full-time, permanent position, located in Juneau. The Bookkeeper reports directly to the Lead Accountant. This position is responsible for accurately entering the majority of all financial transactions into the accounting software system for APICDA, AJV and its subsidiary companies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining accurate accounting modules for GL, AP, AR, PO and FAS.
- Coding invoices with appropriate general ledger account by company.
- Performing accurate and timely data entry of invoices received.
- Taking discounts offered by vendors on invoices.
- Processing non-routine check requests as needed.
- Invoicing accounts receivable in a timely manner.
- Issuing monthly statements on accounts with outstanding invoice balances.
- Producing 1099 tax forms for qualifying vendors.
- Maintaining records for capitalized property.
- Entering monthly depreciation and amortization entries.
- Resolving billing, payment variances and disputes with vendors.
- Scanning and filing invoices, bills, and correspondence relating to financial issues.
- Processing fish settlements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: Minimum of two (2) years experience working independently in an accounting or administrative position. Must be proficient with MS Excel; familiarity with Sage/MAS is a plus. Experience in a multi-company environment desired. Must be willing to travel on occasion. Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Periodic lifting and carrying weight up to 50 lbs. Competitive wage depends on experience. Prior experience in fishing industry, native organizations, and/or corporate level experience is preferred. Equivalent education and training may be substituted for experience. High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Possess/maintain a valid driver’s license. Equivalent experience may be substituted on 1:1 basis for education requirement.
Benefits: Benefit package includes Paid Time Off; holidays; medical, dental, vision, life insurance; 401(k).
Applications should be submitted to:firstname.lastname@example.org
APICDA is an EEO employer.