APICDA will develop commercial and sport fishing industry related opportunities to enhance the long-term social and economic viability of the coastal communities and their residents in the Bering Sea and Aleutian Islands.
APICDA will optimize benefits to its member communities and their residents through the development of infrastructure and fishery support services in the communities, the acquisition of seafood related businesses, including fishing vessels and/or processing facilities and support service industries at economically beneficial prices, and the acquisition of harvest and processing rights.
By enabling the communities to participate in the Bering Sea and Aleutian Island fisheries, APICDA will:
- Promote and participate in business opportunities with capital investment funds;
- Relieve chronic social problems through the creation of jobs, and encourage individual growth through educational and vocational opportunities;
- Promote community control over their individual economic and social destinies; and,
- Continue to assist each community as they make the transition from reliance upon a CDQ allocation to economic and social self-sufficiency.
- Community First – We Not Me
APICDA builds relationships with each community we serve, collaborating with the local leadership. We focus on being a responsible member, investing profits for the purpose of improving the quality of life and opportunities available.
The people of the APICDA region are a giving and loyal group committed to seeing their communities thrive. Our board of directors, executives and staff work to embrace that commitment and the selfless values the people live out every day.
Our community first focus at APICDA is embodied in the phrase – We Not Me.