Job Summary: The Bookkeeper reports directly to the Lead Accountant. This position is responsible for accurately entering all financial transactions into the accounting software system for APICDA, AJV and its subsidiary companies, except for payroll.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining accurate accounting modules for GL, AP, AR, PO and FAS.
- Coding invoices with appropriate general ledger account by company.
- Performing accurate and timely data entry of all invoices received.
- Taking discounts offered by vendors on invoices.
- Paying invoices in a timely manner.
- Processing non-routine check requests as needed.
- Invoicing all accounts receivable in a timely manner.
- Issuing monthly statements on all accounts with outstanding invoice balances.
- Producing all 1099 tax forms for qualifying vendors.
- Maintaining records for capitalized property.
- Entering monthly depreciation and amortization entries.
- Resolving billing, payment variances and disputes with vendors.
- Scanning and filing all invoices, bills, and correspondence relating to financial issues.
- Processing fish settlements.
Immediate opening for full-time, permanent position, located in Juneau. Must be proficient with MS Excel; familiarity with Sage/MAS is a plus. Experience in a multi-company environment desired. Must be willing to travel on occasion. Competitive wage depends on experience. Excellent benefit package includes Paid Time Off; holidays; medical, dental, vision, life insurance; 401(k).
To apply please submit cover letter and resume/employment application to: firstname.lastname@example.org